The Shapers Plane Small 5.5"
Shapers Planes are a quality tool for taking thickness out of nose, tail and shaping rails and concaves,
- Ideal for refining small areas of the blank
- Useful for enlarging tail width and smoothing curved surfaces
- A handy tool for shaping the likes of Surboard Swallow Tails, Flyers, Wings and other tight areas etc
- Ideal for PU, EPS Foam
- Finger grooves for precising shaping
- High-impact polymer handle with thumb support holds up to heavy use
- Fitted with a replaceable 5.5" Blade similar to a Surform file
- Overall length - 5.5"
Been using to thin my poly blank, works great. I do wish i'd gone for the larger plane as it would have been less work, but this works great, particularly for the nose and tail on the curves
I work with 24kg density EPS mostly and I find this tool is perfect for tight spots around the nose and tail. It can remove quite fast or just be patient and use light pressure for slow and careful shaping. Work with two hands and light strokes for even better control.