Microplane 5.5" Replacement Blades for Shapers Plane Small
Prepare to enjoy carving with these versatile tools with replaceable and reversible blades that may be turned for use on the pull or push of a stroke.
- Will fit Shapers Plane Small and Stanley Surform
- Reversible for push or pull direction and features replaceable blades.
- Easy snap-on and snap-off process to save time and space in your shaping bay.
- Blades made from high quality hardened stainless steel for long lasting use.
- Blade Replacements available in Flat, Round, and Angle.
- Materials: Blade made of 400 series stainless steel.
Microplane blades have a shaving effect on both wood and foam. They are smooth enough to be used for flattening and finishing and do not cause chipping when working against the grain of the wood stringer. The Flat and Round Blade makes shaping the likes of Surboard Swallow Tails, Flyers, Wings and other tight areas an easy (Ideal for PU, EPS or XPS Foam)
Razor-sharp, stainless steel Microplanes® allow for rapid smoothing and shaping of all surfboard foams. They are durable, non-clogging and rust-resistant. This is the latest generation of Microplane® hand tools. Snap-In tools with Replaceable, Reversible blade inserts which may be turned for use on the pull or push stroke. A completely new offset handle design adds increased versatility while combining a comfortable hand grip with a place to hold the tool at the end of the blade insert. Microplane blades have a shaving effect on both wood and foam. They are smooth enough to be used for flattening and finishing and do not cause chipping when working against the grain of the wood stringer.
Much more gentle in cutting foam and balsa, leaving less clean up work than a regular surform. I have both sizes and find that they are a great addition to the surform quiver, the original blades still have a use but these are much cleaner in there cut. So worth the money!