Shapers Australia is proud to announce a worlds first in next generation S-Glass (Shapers SX-GLASS) for the surfboard industry. Proudly researched and developed through our specialised composites division, Shapers Composites Co Ltd. Shapers Superior SX-GLASS has been specifically developed to give surfboard manufacturers the ability to make lighter, stronger surfboards than ever before. Shapers is totally dedicated to the surfboard manufacturing industry and doing everything we can to advance the industry. Shapers Superior SX-GLASS is applied using the same traditional methods and is compatible with existing PU and Epoxy Resins used in the industry. Depending on the preferences of the Shaper and Glasser, Shapers SX-GLASS may be used to fully glass the surfboard or in a combination with E-Glass.
Below are the key benefits of Shapers Superior SX-GLASS:
- Higher Tensile Strength then Commercial Grade Carbon, Aramid, E-Glass and Industry Standard S-Glass
- Ultimate Impact and Tensile protection due to its ability to absorb load
- Up to two times the tensile strength of an E-Glass in a UD Laminate
- Up to 10% Increased Flexural Strength compared to Industry Standard S-Glass
- Up to 50% Increased Tensile Strength compared to Industry Standard S-Glass
- Up to 50% Increased Flexural Strength compared to Industry Standard E-Glass
- Up to 90% Increased Compressive Strength compared to Industry Standard E-Glass
For Epoxy board constructions excellent tensile and compression strength can be achieved along with flexural performance benefits (particularly in stringerless surfboards) though glassing with Shapers SX-GLASS. We recommend for the best results to use Shapers SX-GLASS with Kinetix Epoxy Resin. https://shapers.com.au/epoxy-resin/
Please note: Properties may vary on a finished products due to resin used and lamination techniques. Statistics are based on “UD Fabric Yarn Laminate Properties"