Proudly researched and developed through our specialised composites division, Shapers Composites Co Ltd. Shapers Superior SX-GLASS has been specifically developed to give surfboard manufacturers the ability to make lighter, stronger surfboards than ever before. Shapers is totally dedicated to the surfboard manufacturing industry and doing everything we can to advance the industry. Shapers Superior SX-GLASS is applied using the same traditional methods and is compatible with existing PU and Epoxy Resins used in the industry.
- Ultimate Impact Protection - Ultimate impact & tensile protection due to its ability to absorb load
- Ultimate Impact Performance - 10% increased flexural performance compared to traditional S-Glass.
- Carbon + Aramid - Higher tensile strength than commercial grade carbon & aramid.
- High Clarity - Ultra high clear finish produces ultra white surfboards and also perfect for resin pigment colour laminates.
- Superior Tensile Strength - Enhanced mechanical properties for superior tensile strength.
- Strength to Weight - Up to 50% increased tensile strength compared to industry standard E-Glass.
- Increased Compressive Strength - Up to 90% increased compressive strength compared to industry standard E-Glass
- Up to two times the tensile strength of an E-Glass in a UD Laminate.
- Up to 10% Increased Flexural Strength compared to Industry Standard S-Glass.
- Up to 15% Increased Tensile Strength compared to Industry Standard S-Glass.
- Up to 50% Increased Tensile Strength compared to Industry Standard E-Glass in Fibre to Fibre Comparison.
- Higher Tensile Strength then Commercial Grade Carbon, Aramid, E-Glass and Industry Standard S-Glass.
A worlds first next generation S-Glass. Shapers® SX-Glass has up to two times the tensile strength of traditional E-Glass. SX-Glass has the absolute highest levels of tensile, compressive & flexural strength.
Performance may vary on a finished product due to blanks used and laminating techniques. Statistics are based on laminated panels and epoxy laminated surfboards.
Commonly used glassing layups for shortboards.
Comp / Lite: 1 x SX 4oz. Deck | 1 x SX 4oz. Bottom
Standard: 1 x SX 4oz. + 2oz. Deck | 1 x SX 4oz. Bottom
Strong: 2 x SX 4oz. Deck | 1 x SX 4oz. Bottom
*to be used as a guide only.
Sold as one meter units (continuous cuts). Please note: the amount of cloth quantity ordered will be cut as one continues length. For example if 10 quantities is ordered, you will receive one continues roll cut length of cloth and not 10 individual 1m lengths